In the software evolution and architecture lab (s.e.a.l.) at the University of Zurich (Chair: Harald Gall), we have an open position for a master student to work on software development for cloud-based systems. The position is part-time (40-60%) and open from January 2016.
We are specifically interested in applicants with strong technical skills, particularly in the area of frontend development and UX design. The research assistantship will be part of a transfer project aiming at practical solutions for cloud service selection, benchmarking, and application profiling. Close collaboration with 2 to 3 other students as well as the development lead will be required. We offer considerable flexibility in terms of work time as well as physical location.
The task of the research assistant will be to work on an early-stage product for cloud cost estimation and optimisation, in particular to
- implement Web-based applications
- employ state of the art software technologies
- provide input to the specification, design, and architecture of the product
- write proper technical product documents
- participate in and contribute to meetups, tutorials, and customer presentations
- be an active member of the s.e.a.l. research lab
Further, it may be possible to combine the research assistantship with a master’s thesis.
We are looking for a student who:
- is passionate about software development, and has some experience in building non-trivial applications in object-oriented programming languages
- is interested in and has talent for designing innovative Web-based user interfaces
- is passionate about Web development and cloud computing
- is interested in academic research and able to communicate in English
The day-to-day work of the research assistant will be directed by Dr. Christian Inzinger. If you are interested in this position, please send email containing a short CV (optimally including a link to your public GitHub repo or another repository of previous work) to Dr. Philipp Leitner (email@example.com) and Dr. Christian Inzinger (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be evaluated immediately until the position is filled.